Free Consultation * No Fee Unless Successful * Stay Home & Safe: We Do Video Consults
Medical Malpractice in Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery
The most common weight loss surgeries today are gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgery. Advertising by surgeons makes these surgeries sound easy and safe.
They aren't. Gastric sleeve surgery involves amputating most of the stomach. Gastric bypass surgery means rerouting the entire digestive system.
1 out of 350 patients who have weight loss surgery die due to to complications from bariatric surgery. Many, many more patients suffer serious, life changing injuries. If you or a family member just had one of these surgeries, its a safe bet you weren't told about these statistics.
Common Gastric Sleeve and Gastric Bypass Surgery Malpractice
The most common medical errors during gastric sleeve bariatric surgery include:
- Unqualified doctors performing gastric sleeve surgeries with little or no training
- Medical malpractice during bariatric surgery by cutting or clipping the wrong body part.
- Malpractice during gastric sleeve surgery making the "sleeve" too small, so that the patient cannot swallow and is constantly vomiting
- Malpractice in failure to diagnose and treat gastric bleeding or leaks from the gastric sleeve or bypass
The most common medical errors AFTER gastric sleeve or gastric bypass surgeries are all due to the doctor not wanting to pay any attenton to patients after their surgeries. Things go wrong all the time--but your doctor is too busy operating on other patients to pay attention to you.
- Malpractice in causing or failing to diagnose pulmonary embolism--a blood clot
- Failure to recognize nutrition deficiencies leading to severe malnutrition and Wernicke's Encephalopathy--a potentially fatal brain disease
- Failure to recognize and treat a stricture (narrowing) in the connection to the stomach making eating painful or impossible
At Polewski & Associates, we understand the science and risks of gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgery. We have experience with bariatric surgery cases, and are handling bariatric surgery cases right now. And we are in contact with some of the best bariatric surgery doctors in the world. With top qualifications and top client reviews, you can be sure that when you choose Polewski & Associates, you are making the right choice for your case and your family.
Contact Us Today
Please don’t wait another day: there are laws that prevent you from suing even the worst surgeon if you wait too long. And every day you wait is another day that key evidence in your case could be lost, or another patient could have the same thing happen to them.
There is no reason to wait: We never charge a penny for the consultation.
We can schedule a video consult with you and your family quickly and easily. You don't need to take off work and travel to meet us--we'll meet you after business hours, or on weekends, while you stay in the safety and comfort of your home. Your family members can join the meeting from wherever they are--in the same room or across the country.