Free Consultation * No Fee Unless Successful * Stay Home & Safe: We Do Video Consults
Weight Loss Surgery: Many Benefits, Many Risks
Weight loss, or bariatric surgery is increasingly popular. For many people, diet and exercise simply cannot solve their weight problem, and weight loss surgery is the answer.
But bariatric surgery for weight loss is serious: when surgeons make mistakes during bariatric surgery or ignore patients’ complaints after the surgery is done, the results can be catastrophic. In fact, 1 out of 350 patients who have weight loss surgery die due to to complications from bariatric surgery: an extremely high and unacceptable rate. The rate for those who suffer serious injury due to malpractice during bariatric surgery is much higher.
Medical Malpractice in Weight Loss Surgery
Doctors have set up surgery “mills” where patients are operated on in an assembly-line fashion. Doctors trained as family doctors or cardiologists are advertising as bariatric surgery specialists after a weekend training course.
The results are inevitable: People are getting badly hurt, and some of them are dying – all because of a rush to make a profit from popular weight loss surgeries.
Examples of Bariatric Surgery Malpractice
Our team has seen many of these cases. The most common medical errors during bariatric surgery include:
- Unqualified doctors performing bariatric surgeries with little or no training
- Medical malpractice during bariatric surgery by cutting or clipping the wrong anatomy
- Malpractice in failure to diagnose and treat gastric bleeding
- Malpractice in causing or failing to diagnose pulmonary embolism
- Medical malpractice resulting in leaking gastric fluid
- Medical malpractice in performing unnecessary surgery
- Malpractice in performing surgery on patients at high risk for fatal complications
- Medical malpractice in failing failure to monitor patients properly after surgery
We Can Help.
When you put your health and life in the hands of your doctor, you expect that your trust won’t be abused – and you have a right to expect it.
At Polewski & Associates, we understand the science and risks of bariatric surgery. With top qualifications and top client reviews, you can be sure that when you choose Polewski & Associates, you are making the right choice for your case and your family. Please contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation on your weight loss surgery malpractice case.
Contact Us Right Now.
Please don’t wait another day: there are laws that prevent you from suing even the worst surgeon if you wait too long. And every day you wait is another day that key evidence in your case could be lost, or another patient could have the same thing happen to them.
The time to start making things better is now. There is no reason to wait. Please call 972-223-1810 today.